Monday, July 17, 2006

Luuke's Fanfic

Log Entry 1:
Date: Classified
Location: Classified
Source: Classified

Data: When I recieved the transmission regarding your death, I cross-referenced it to my data on your thoughts and meditations regarding life, death, and the Force. I am in no position to understand what any of it means, however I acknowledge your talents in things I cannot comprehend. I am therefore willing to entertain the possibility that your death may in fact turn out to be a temporary condition, and I will maintain this record pending your return. I shall attempt to monitor the goings-on of the Vergence in the Force you said you had detected so recently before you were killed by a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Log Entry 2:

The Jedi have acknowledged the Vergence as the Chosen One of prophecy. Your former Apprentice is trying to guide him toward mastery of the Force, but he is headstrong, arrogant, and stubborn. Available data indicates you possessed similar traits at that age, therefore I continue to project a high probability of success for him. The Vergence and the Apprentice do seem to get along well together and trust one another. You trained your Apprentice well.

Log Entry 3:
Data over the last few years has been difficult to access. I have switched owners again, and much of our time has been in distant corners of the Galaxy. A recent return to the Core has provided much data, however. The Republic is at war, and both your Apprentice and the Vergence have risen to positions of prominence. They are well loved by the people, if these newsfeeds are accurate. I will cross-reference and link to internal archives here. Aack! Wrong link! Ignore that; the structure of this memory bank doesn't allow for editing. Here is the link. You will notice a third person depicted there. I do not trust him. He holds altogether too much power, even for one in his lofty position. He is well-trusted by those closest to him, however, as I have access to data not available to the general public, I am able to calculate more accurately that he is an Enemy.

Log Entry 4:

Thank the Maker! This week I have been on Coruscant for the first time in several years, and I was able to use the enhanced audio pickup you so thoughtfully installed to listen in on some very key conversations. The Vergence has apparently been involved with a Female, and he has become mired down with conflicting emotions. Both the Apprentice and the Enemy have tried to exert their influence over him, and he has switched loyalties, not in the physical battles being fought, but in the deeper and ultimately more important conflict. You would have been proud of your Apprentice's efforts on his behalf.

Log Entry 5:

Event update: My current owner is about to launch us into one of the worst radiation storms in the Galaxy. The modifications I've recieved, both from you and others, should protect me, but I am facilitating a backup of this record to my most heavily shielded memory banks. There is no update on the Vergence at this time. He is one of the most prominent figures in the Empire, yet my owner chooses to avoid interaction with Imperial forces, therefore I am unable to provide any more specific information. The Apprentice seems to have dropped out of the public eye entirely.

Log Entry 6:

This week has provided me some interesting new data after being so long out of touch with the Empire. It began with the arrival of one very familiar face, along with a young boy. Based on the data I've retained this week cross-referenced against some of my older files, I calculate a 78.6% probability that this boy is the Son of the Vergence. In a bit of irony that you would appreciate, he is not aware of his auspicious parentage, and those who know do not seem to be in a hurry to tell him.

Log Entry 7:

I seem to have become a warrior against the Empire. I have been involved in several battles, including the destruction of the Vergence's "Death Star" project. That was an amazing piece of hardware, no matter which side you're on. I, on the other hand, am so crosswired it's a wonder I am able to function at all. I try to help our friends whenever I can, but with the way my current owners like to tinker, sometimes I get a bit screwed up. Oh, but he's done fantastic things for my reverse power couplings!

Log Entry 8:

The Vergence is dead. I recently found out from the Son that the Owner's girlfriend is actually the Daughter of the Vergence. That family seems to get bigger all the time. The Son also brought some other news back from his latest adventure. He says the Vergence - his father - switched sides again just before his death, and the Emperor is now dead as well. You have lost your Apprentice, and the Vergence too.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must also humbly confess my own roll in the destruction of the second Death Star. I flew into the superstructure and fired the missiles which set off the explosion, killing all who were aboard. Oh, Master Plagueis, can you ever forgive me for what I've done?

10 comments:

Marvolo said...

Sorry about the tardiness of this one. It's party because I was busy, but mostly because I was horribly disorganized. But we still have all the time in the world to post comments, and this one doesn't count as late because it wasn't Luuke's fault.

YoshiYoda said...

A little confusing... And it feels like a repeat of one of Nob01's entries.

Vicomte said...

So the Falcon is working for Plagueis?

I knew it!

DragonFang said...

That was.. different. Bit confusing at times, but of course, intentionally so. Well written; no errors as far as I could see.

In'erestin'! :)

leialookalike1 said...

I'm not sure I understand who is recording. is it a droid? computer? Person? Very confusing.

EvilDarthBear said...

Good Story!

I think it was R2, or C3PO :)

ewanandhaydenfan5 said...

Very unique presentation. A bit confusing, but nice twist at the end.

leialookalike1 said...

Wait! I got it! Was reporting to/for Qui-Gon! think about it. Vergence is Obi-wan.

Lisa S. said...

For a while, I thought it was C-3PO doing the narration, but I am assuming it was the MF??

I liked how confusing it was, kept me guessing, kept me hooked. I'm also guessing Vergence is Anakin, Apprentice is Obi-Wan, but at first it seemed the entries were directed at Qui-Gon, but apparently not. So vergence remains Anakin, and the apprentice is Sidious? narrator does not recognize Palpatine as Sidious, correct?

I'm a bit confused, but eagerly await some insider information!!!

Bryan said...

I guess I'll go ahead and explain it, since I was apparently a little too vague.

The narrator is the Millenium Falcon. The Vergence is Anakin Skywalker. The Master the report is directed to was Darth Plagueis, but I tried to make it appear to be Qui-Gon up until the last paragraph. The Apprentice is Palpatine/Sidious, and the Enemy is Obi-Wan. Again, I made it vague on purpose to maintain the illusion of writing to Qui-Gon.