Sunday, April 01, 2007

Exultation of the Sith

Title: Exultation of the Sith
Author: Arwen Skywalker
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars. If I did, Callista would have have died in Children of the Jedi.
Summary: A look at Sidious after Vader leaves for the Temple.
Author's note: This is a bit different than what I usually write....read & review, but don't be too mean. :)
__________________________________________________________________

They were back. After thousands of years of waiting, of perfecting their skills. Years filled with lies, deceit, manipulation, greed, but above all, patience, the Sith had returned to power. And now the extermination of the Jedi had begun.

Darth Sidious sat in his crimson office and smiled. Not a kindly old man's smile, not a agreeable senator's smile, but a harsh, cruel smile full of dark joy and malice. The bodies of the worthless scum that had thought to wrest his power from him littered the entryway to his office. The fools had not stood a chance against him.

He had planned this for years upon years, weaving a web so intricate, so fine, but at the same time strong enough to ensnare an entire galaxy. A few paltry Jedi could not stop him, he had already won. The Senate was caught irrevocably in his grip, the common people of the Republic perceived him as their hero. The Jedi were viewed with distrust, living as they did in their closed off Temple away from the rest of the galaxy. He had made sure of that. And when he announced to the galaxy that the Jedi had tried to assassinate him, whose word would the galaxy believe? There would be no Jedi to gainsay him.

Now, for the first time in all his stay on Coruscant he uncloaked himself completely, letting down his shields, throwing his darkness over the city-world. Let the Jedi know he lived, even as they were cut down, let them know complete and utter despair as they died. He would hide himself no longer. He had no need to. His plans were all falling into place.

His new apprentice Darth Vader was approaching the Temple, prepared to execute his first act as Dark Lord of the Sith. And he, Sidious, would be here, reveling in the feel of death in the Force.

Ah, there was the first; Lord Vader was in the Temple. Sidious leaned over and activated a panel on his desk, and clone commanders across the galaxy answered his call.

"Execute Order Sixty-six." Three words, but oh, the power they contained.

"It will be done my Lord." Sidious terminated the transmission.

Sidious cackled as the Force became a roiling sea of pain and anguish, despair, hate, and death. Pain, as Jedi died horrible deaths. Anguish and despair as Jedi realized they had been betrayed, and by the very one on whom all their hopes were hung. Hate from Lord Vader, hate at them for driving him to this, hate at himself for what he was doing. Death, much death, as the entire Jedi Order fell into shadow. Sidious sat drinking it all in; his eyes glassy, his entire being intoxicated with the feel of the power that he held, with the thickness of the Darkness that was now enveloping the entire galaxy, as the Jedi and their light was eradicated for good.

He was the law, he was the senate, he was in control. Never again would he fawn before the pathetic scum that called themselves "Jedi". He had destroyed them, and victory had never felt so sweet, or so invigorating. The Darkness grew in strength as Jedi died terrible deaths, their despair and horror feeding his power.

He was the Darkness, he controlled it, and it obeyed him. It was his tool, his servant. He was the most powerful being alive, any who would dare defy him would be dealt with swiftly. His web had caught the galaxy, and there was no escape. Unlimited power he had at his fingertips, in his fingertips. The Sith had risen again, and there would be no defeat. There would be no one left to stop them this time. Sidious cackled again, and the Darkness and shadow echoed his triumphal shout. "Unlimited Poooooooooowwwwwwweeeeeeeeeerrrrrr!!"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...

Impressive, most impressive. Kenobi-fan has taught you well.

Seriously though, good job. It was an enjoyable read.

God Bless,

May the Force be with you, always...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Aurin. Your review made my day.

leialookalike1 said...

very dark for you, bu tin a good way. nice insight into the mind of a madman of a sith.

though, it was kinda short...hee hee just kidding:)

Anonymous said...

though, it was kinda short...hee hee just kidding:)

How much of this kinda crap do you want to read? ;)

GoKnight said...

Nice job, Arwen! I love how you show Sidious as "feeding" off of the death & destruction. I feel that's a very interesting observation and right in-line with the Star Wars galaxy. I could feel his pride and arrogance as he drank it all in. . .

Interesting story idea!

I agree that I would've liked to have read more -- but I also agree with you -- one can only "take" so much evil!

Well done!

Diviner525 said...

Well, I'm not really sure what to do with this story. There is really no plot to speak of, other than Sidious is really evil - but I sort of guessed that from the movies. I'm very observant, I am.

This is a cool theme to select, meaning the goings-on with Order 66, there's alot to develop there. But I thought the "Unlimited Power" reference was a bit over the top for Sidious just telling a clone trooper about Order 66. That was a little weird.

Arwen, I think you need to trust your creativity more - you're a better writer than this. I think you could write something much better than this.

Anonymous said...

This is a cool theme to select, meaning the goings-on with Order 66, there's alot to develop there. But I thought the "Unlimited Power" reference was a bit over the top for Sidious just telling a clone trooper about Order 66. That was a little weird.

The power they contain was enough to wipe out 95% of the Jedi. It isn't a reference to anything but that.

Arwen, I think you need to trust your creativity more - you're a better writer than this. I think you could write something much better than this.

I'm glad you think so, even I will agree that this is not the greatest, I was trying to write something way different then the happy stories I usually write.

Robin Parker said...

Thanks Aurin. Your review made my day.

Wow, Aurin...You are full of yourself...LMAO. I think I truly enjoyed reading your comments more than the story...LOL

Just kidding.

I'm glad you think so, even I will agree that this is not the greatest, I was trying to write something way different then the happy stories I usually write.

I, on the other hand, truly enjoy going inside the mind of a character. It's called character backstory and building. I thought you did fine, although I probably would have gone deeper on Sidious' feelings at winning the utlimate prize: The Chosen One.

That being said, I liked how you balanced between greed, pain, arrogance, death and power.

Good job, but I know there is a lot more inside you. ;)