Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's My Party . . .

It’s hotter than . . .
>
>
>
>
>
a boiling Mustafarian lava pit,
>
>
>
>
>
a blistering Tatooine afternoon under the scorching twin suns . . .
>
>
>
>
>
and, while I’m not in favor of the climate resembling Hoth’s frozen tundra, it would be nice if it was a tad bit cooler.

So, what’s the answer to my dilemma? Well, I’m just going to have to adopt a Jedi frame of mind, and "think" (in other words, fool myself) it isn’t as hot as it is. That usually involves concentrating on something else to get my mind off this blasted heat!

I’ve got it!!!

July is my birthday month. I love, love, love birthdays! Not for what I can reap, but rather for what I can sow. The best present I can give myself is to do something for YOU, my special friends here in Blogsville.

Can you tell where this is going?
>
>
>
Have you guessed yet?
>
>
>
Let me explain . . . in my usual, long-winded way . . .

I was going through a purge period recently, and I came across my bulging stash of Star Wars raffle goodies.

(Now, do you see where this is going?)

"Self," I said to myself. "It’s been far too long since I held a raffle (thus the burgeoning, busting-at-the-seams box of toys and collectibles I stow for upcoming raffles). Hmmm, what to do?" A light came on (literally). "My birthday month is here, so why not do something for the people who – whether they know it or not – do so much for me – inviting me into their lives, sharing their thoughts, ideas and humor with me. I can give THEM a present for the gift they give to me. What better time than my birthday month!"

And there you have it – it’s JMW’s Big Birthday Bash Raffle. I really don’t know how many recipients there will be. It all depends on how I decide to divvy up my stash. I can tell you this – your odds of being a lucky winner are pretty darn good because I have A LOT of stuff! As usual, everything is Star Wars related. Rest assured – there is absolutely NO cost to you. (I pay shipping and handling.) Before I give you the detailed directions, I’d just like to point out that – IF YOU ARE A MINOR, you must first check with one of your parents to make sure it is okay to participate because winners will have to provide me with their mailing addresses.

My, I am getting long-winded, aren’t I?! Well, I did warn you I would.

So, without further ado, here are the Simple Rules:
* Email me at mwolf12@wi.rr.com, stating simply, "Throw My Name Into The Hat."
* Be sure to include your email address and either your real or blog name.
* The deadline is midnight tomorrow, Friday, July 18.
* On Saturday, July 19, I will have my 2 padawans pull the winners’ names out of my Star Wars hat.
* Later that morning, I will begin notifying the winners. It is imperative that you check your email at some point during the day for further instructions.

So, there you have it. . . my effort to make this my best birthday month ever! Ahhh, I’m beginning to feel more comfortable already. Those Jedi mind tricks really do work!
Before I sign off and let you throw your name into the hat, I’ll leave you with this final thought. . .
Some people think I’m nuts
Others say I’ve got lots of guts
To hold a raffle or two
Meant just for YOU
C’mon – join the fun! Try your luck.

MTFBWY,
JMW

3 comments:

Robin Parker said...

That's the spirit. See? if there's a well there's a way. ;)

I believe you've already thrown my name in the hat...WOOHOO...I might win more plastic crap. Wait till you see what I'll be sending you.

Granny-Wan said...

I WON! YAY!

And we beat Moose at his own game... well, sort of... I'd rather beat him with a stick... or a hunting rifle...

Oops, I digress...

WOO HOO!

Nightguy said...

How Cool....
I only now read down far enough to see the raffle offer. My loss. School has me quite busy (along with work and family) so I didn't see it earlier.
Hope Your Birthday was AWESOME!