Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another challenge...with butter!

I recently received an email from Luuke, suggesting another writing challenge around here. I thought it was a great idea, so (with minimal effort) I re-posted his words here.

____________________________________________________

I was talking to an old friend recently, and we were talking about somniloquy - sleep talking. He mentioned that another friend had once caught him sleeptalking... and apparently what he said was "If you cut off his leg he'll give you butter."

Suddenly I challenged him to write a short story around that sentence (he's an aspiring writer as well), and I agreed to take the challenge on myself as well. I wonder if any others would be interested. No rules as to length, genre, or even what 'verse it takes place in, only that it incorporate the sentence "If you cut off his leg, he'll give you butter." Oh, and the sentence has to mean something to the story, not a throwaway line like, "Suddenly, a drunk ran by yelling, 'If you cut off..." No other rules. It's challenging enough as it is.

No, I haven't already got mine written, even though we issued this challenge to each other three solid weeks ago. But I have finally found the direction I want to go with it.

So what do you think? Will you, or anyone else, write a butter story with me?____________________________________________________

Yes, Luuke. I will write a butter story with you, or at least make a valient attempt at doing so.

Who else is with me?

No rules other than those in the email above. Deadline is August 29th.

5 comments:

Vicomte said...

It seems that everyone has forgotten the existing challenge, myself included. When do we declare a winner, anyways?

Amputations and butter?

I'm in.

Bryan said...

Oh yeah, a winner. Personally, I'd put my top picks on your story and mine (no really!). I think there was a minimum length on the story though, and mine may have been too short. I'm a firm believer in brevity. So I guess my vote would then have to go to Darth Vicomte's Vic Orves, Jedi Assassin. Is that how we do this? Are we voting?

marajade232323 said...

Sweet, I'm in. But I don't know if I could really pull it off.

And I would also vote for Darth Vicomte's Vic Orves, Jedi Assassin.

DragonFang said...

Sounds nice. Maybe; I won't promise anything, though.

Don't know who my fave would be, but I think Vic's. Really.

YoshiYoda said...

Vicomte's story was the best.