Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Secret Adventures of Luke's Hand

I needed a drink.

I never really knew what that sensation was like before then, but I certainly knew what it was like at that moment.

It wasn’t merely the fact that I had breached the height of several buildings, shuddering from raw, mordantly bitter exhaustion, survived a brutal act of mutilation, and was separated from a dear friend and companion, but when I reached the top of the tunnel…

…I almost wished I had let myself die at its depths.

Casting my mind back toward that dark time, I probably had retained a certain amount of ability with the Force through the same midi-chlorians that had facilitated my endurance. Because what I experienced at the return of the site where I had lost my old friend, it was almost too much to bear.

But I crawled past the ledge, toward the building, and toward my destiny.

For, after all, isn’t that what Luke Skywalker would’ve done?

2 comments:

Granny-Wan said...

I needed a drink..

Me, too! You want some finger food with that?

For, after all, isn’t that what Luke Skywalker would’ve done?.

Yes, he would have! And nothing would have stood in his way. Not even a hand... or rather, a foot.

Qui-Gon Reborn said...

Me, too! You want some finger food with that?ROTFL!