Friday, January 23, 2009

The Secret Adventures of Luke's Hand - Part 1

Another one of my little projects over at TFN. A diary contest. We're supposed to keep a diary of any character, canon or otherwise, for a whole year. There'll be at least two updates a month. A photoshopped cover may follow later. I'm doing Bail Organa, (who I'm starting to take a liking to for some odd reason) HK-47, a companion project to a diary of Darth Revan that a friend of mine is doing, and...this one.

ENTRY 1

It was cold. Very cold. I was pressed tightly against the frigid steel, slick with freezing perspiration, trembling from exhaustion and pain. I think I remember being thrust forward once more, my perilous grip on the hilt of the lightsaber beginning to falter, when, in an eruption of pure, white flame, I was gone.

I tried to cry out, but, of course, no one could hear me. Down, down, down into a blackness like I had never before perceived. The sweltering pain had turned into a dull, distant throb, but the trembling in my fingers had progressed into uncontrollable spasms.

Bracing myself against the hardness of the black tunnel and trying to ignore the burning in my fingertips, I slowed my descent until I finally came to a stop.

I was alone. I felt alone.

“Noooo!!” I heard, somewhere above me. “That’s not possible!”

There was a welcome stillness, and I gasped slowly for breath.

Then, the dim iciness of the tunnel shivered beneath my grasp.

“Blast!” I swore, struggling toward the edge of the tunnel’s circular wall. Just as soon as I had done so, the lean figure of my old friend careened past me and shot out the end of the tunnel.

Now, I really was alone.

What was I supposed to do? I couldn’t cry out for him to come back for me. Humans never listen.

But I missed him already. Twenty years we had struggled together, lived together, loved and lost. I was with him when he was forced to accept his destiny on the ruins of what had been his home, and when he went to secure that destiny at the hands of Darth Vader.

But now…my life had lost its purpose.

For, you see, I was a part of Luke Skywalker. Literally.

I am Luke Skywalker’s hand.

3 comments:

Granny-Wan said...

Wow, what a great take on this... is there more? I like it!

Humans never listen.

LOL

HK-47

I believe I've been trying to kill him on Mustafar...

Qui-Gon Reborn said...

Wow, what a great take on this...I like it!

Thank you, Granny! You know, I'm really surprised that you're not one of the like twenty other people who read this and asked me how I can write so dirty so effortlessly! I told them it's not dirty, it's just an adventure/comedy type story, but they didn't believe me...lol

is there more?

At least two updates a month. I have the next one but I didn't want to post two entries on the same night you did.

I believe I've been trying to kill him on Mustafar...

Really? lol He's from the game Knights of the Old Republic -- the most awesome SW game of all time -- and KOTOR II: The Sith Lords. A friend of mine wanted to do a KOTOR companion diary with me, and I agreed, on the condition that I get to write the malicious, bloodthirsty, comically violent HK-47!

Anonymous said...

Lols.