Monday, December 22, 2008

PASSAGE (working title)

OK friends, I'm letting this one out of the bag since it has been so long since I have been able to get to it. The idea still sparks my interest and I do hope to continue so if you like this tiny piece let me know. This has sat for a year now untouched.
=======================================================================

PROLOGUE

"Anakin, stay close to me....."

The unexpected memory fragment, like a physical blow, caused the misshappen head to jerk involuntarily and rebound off the high black collar that ringed Vader's head. He sat confused for a moment before the familiar white walls of the hyperbaric meditation chamber reasserted their place in his world. He was unaccustomed to being snapped out of his meditations by anything short of a summons from his Master.

"He will be a Jedi..."

...came the ghostly echo of another memory.

After all these years he could not fathom what had dragged Qui-Gon's voice up from the darkness within nor why he seemed to feel his presence. With a rush of anger at the wastefulness of sentimentality Vader triggered the mechanism that lowered his breath mask back into place. An impromptu inspection of his troops would lift his spirits. There was always a lackey, or two, who could benefit from his special form of encouragement.

Rising from his chair he activated the release on his chamber and let his thoughts turn to more immediate events......

5 comments:

Granny-Wan said...

Hmmm, I like this. Intriguing, it is. More please? :)

leialookalike1 said...

yes, a bit more would be nice...

Anonymous said...

I always enjoys messing with Vader's head. Carry on!

Qui-Gon Reborn said...

Ooooh...Qui-Gon! Very good...

Nightguy said...

Thanks to all.
I need to re-watch ESB with a notepad before continuing this story...I need to get the details and timing correct as this is intended to take place during ESB and ROTJ.
I figured if Yoda and Obi-Wan could learn from Qui-Gonn, why not Vader/Anakin....?